PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECTWhen you use our Services by, among other actions, subscribing to our newsletter, browsing our Site or otherwise interacting with our Services, we gather personal information. This information is necessary for delivering you the Services or enhancing your customer experience.Personal information is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. Several types of personal information can be are gathered when you interact with the Services. Examples of such personal information include your name, email address, demographic data (such as age, gender and zip code) and interests.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATIONWe and our service providers collect personal information in a variety of ways including when you:
- Use the Services
- Sign up to receive emails, newsletters or other communications;
- Participate in surveys, contests, sweepstakes or other promotions offered via the Services;
- Request customer service or other assistance;
- Otherwise, communicate with us via the Services; or
- Take a survey offline or participate in an in-person reader interview.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATIONWe collect, use or otherwise process personal information as allowed under applicable law, including where based on one or more of the following:The performance of the contract we have with you;The legitimate interests of Dozyfrog, a third party or yourself. “Legitimate interest” is a technical term under the regulation. It means that there are good reasons for the processing of your personal information and measures are taken to minimize the impact on your privacy rights and interests. “Legitimate interest” also references our use of your data in ways you would reasonably expect and that have a minimal privacy impact. We have a legitimate interest in collecting and processing personal information, for example: (1) to ensure that our networks and information are secure; (2) to administer and generally conduct business within Dozyfrog; and (3) to prevent fraud;The compliance of a legal obligation to which we are subject; or The consent you provide to us at the point of collection of your personal information.We use personal information to:
- Provide you with content and services that you request;
- Communicate with you about changes to our policies;
- Send you newsletters and emails;
- Provide you with advertising, including advertising based on your activity on our Services or activity on third-party sites and applications;
- Administer contests, sweepstakes, promotions, and surveys;
- Optimize or improve our products, services, and operations;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- Communicate with you about your account, respond to your inquiries and send you information about features and enhancements of the Services; and
- Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Services.
- We may aggregate and/or anonymize personal information so that it will no longer be considered personal information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose.
OTHER INFORMATIONOther information is any information that does not specifically identify you and is collected through technology includes tracking information collected by us as well as third parties. Other information includes:Information about your computer, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Services such as your device type and brand, operating system, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser client ID, browser language, Internet Service Provider;Usage information about your use of our Services, such as a reading history of the pages you view;Additional “traffic data” such as time of access, visitor ID, traffic channel, traffic source, traffic medium, campaign name, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses;Search terms and search results;Location data such as your IP address, geolocation information (longitude and latitude);Demographic information and other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity; andOther information that has been aggregated in a manner such that it no longer reveals your specific identity.
COLLECTION OF OTHER INFORMATIONWe and our service providers may collect other information in a variety of ways, including:
Through your browser or deviceCertain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and the name and version of the Services you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
IP addressAs noted above, we collect and store your device’s source IP address. Your IP address is automatically assigned to your computer by your internet service provider. An IP address discloses the general location (i.e. city, state, country, and continent) of your device at the time you access the Services. We may use your device’s IP address to:
- Personalize offers and promotions for our Services and special events;
- Personalize the advertising that you receive;
- Optimize our products, services, and operations;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- Identify the country where you are located so that we can assess our legal obligations; and
- Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Site.